1.Job Title: TV Content Producer/Programmer
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
- Knowledge of creative and technical aspects of broadcasting.
- Proficiency in new media and the use of online platforms, which is useful in carrying out core tasks.
- Proficiency in Adobe Premier PRO, Final Cut PRO, Adobe Photoshop and Aftereffects
- Proficient experience in creating programmes and programming.
- A strong understanding and demonstrated experience in creating a variety of productions both in the field and in studio within budgets.
- Content acquisition and the ability to create a world-class, engaging, riveting and seamless programming schedule for a Christian audience and for ministry.
- High level of creativity and demonstrate a strong ability for strategic thinking, planning, attention to detail, follow through and organization.
- Hands-on experience and understanding of the technical aspects of broadcasting including videography, audio and video editing and sound
- To work hand in hand with the Board and management of Pillar TV to fulfill the mission and vision of the Diocese of Kirinyaga.
- Guide the strategic programming process for Pillar TV.
- Acquire, schedule, promote, evaluate programmes and make necessary changes.
- Source and secure sponsorship for content produced based on agreed upon targets to ensure the sustainability of the station in close collaboration with the Advertising Sales Department
- Draw a weekly TV Programme schedule that is holistic and meets the needs of target audiences and beyond.
- Ensure that Pillar TV programmes and the programming schedule is seamless, competes effectively in the market.
- Populating of online platforms and ensuring that the online platforms are always up-to-date.
- Promote content online and on social media platforms with compelling content.
- Ensure that all Pillar TV content is of highest quality, meets legal and ethical standards and subscribes to Christian values.
- Manage all aspects of the TV stations productions and content-building initiatives including the creative and technical aspects.
- Responsible for station look and feel.
- Research, identify and source original local content for Pillar TV.
- Build good communications with content providers (Local producers, international distributers and 3rd party channels).
- Acquire their forward schedule, highlights, and promotional materials and identify potential content marketing opportunities.
- Source and secure sponsorship for content produced based on agreed upon targets.
- Suggest and implement specific content marketing measures to build the Pillar TV brand and viewership.
- Ensure the speedy execution of quality control processes and validation of material sourced/produced and speedy approvals of the same by relevant authorities.
- Responsible for sourcing, collecting and creating promos and marketing materials for specific shows.
- Planning and overseeing execution of promotional activities for the developed content.
- Ensure all content meets the highest quality in terms of production and programming.
- Generally manage the Content Development Team and Programming to achieve all desired results.
- Engage producers on a monthly basis to gauge trends and consideration of the same in productions.
- Manage budget
- Responsible for equipment maintenance and safety.
- Provide monthly reports based on an agreed upon format.
- Work as a team and build synergies with the Diocese of Kirinyaga.
- Carry out other assigned duties and responsibilities that may arise from time to time.
- Education: A minimum of a Diploma in Broadcasting, Mass Communication or a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- A Minimum of 1(one) year experience
- Experience in other graphics and editing software will be added advantage.
- A letter of recommendation from your local church Pastor with contacts of your recommending authority.
If you meet the above qualifications, send your CV with a cover letter, copies of relevant certificates and documents to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by Close of Business on March 09, 2019.